AIDS 101 Due to covid19 This program is paused
The AIDS 101 HIV/AIDS Awareness and Action Seminar is great for anyone who wants straightforward facts on HIV. AID Atlanta believes that all people, regardless of HIV status, should learn how to safeguard their health and lives, including those of their loved ones. As the leading HIV prevention organization in Atlanta, we are committed to making a lasting impact on the health of our citizens, which can be achieved through awareness, education and behavior change, as well as early diagnosis, access to treatment and ongoing prevention services.
AIDS 101 is produced by AID Atlanta, the most comprehensive AIDS service and education agency in the metro area. Our mission is to provide a broad, compassionate response to the HIV epidemic through education, service, and advocacy.
AIDS 101 addresses a wide range of subjects and concerns. Presentations at each program may vary, but each seminar offers broad-based insight on the HIV crisis. The program format consists of lectures, special interest sessions, and panel discussions.
AIDS 101 is now approved to offer 4.5 Core Continuing Education Hours for Social Work Licensing.
Free Rapid HIV testing will be offered from 1pm-3pm after the AIDS 101 Seminar
- Current Treatments/Research
- AIDS in the African-American Community
- When Someone You Love has AIDS
- Prevention...Because There is No Cure
- Psychosocial Issues
- Parents and Teens (Talking to Teens)
- AIDS in the Gay and Lesbian Community
- Young Adults at Risk Today (18-30 years old)
- Volunteering with AID Atlanta
- Spirituality and HIV
- Women and AIDS
- General and Advanced Medical Overviews
- Care for the Caregiver
- Legal Issues Affecting People Living with HIV/AIDS
- Personal Experiences of People Living With or Affected by HIV/AIDS
- Special Topic Sessions: Health Care Workers, AIDS in the Deaf Community, and more ...
- Search for a Vaccine
- Journey to Now (Current Trends and Stats)
- Sex, Drugs and HIV
- ABCs of Hepatitis
- Overview of Sexually Transmitted Infections